The coronavirus outbreak continues to spread across the world, and we are following the situation closely with a view to managing the risk sensibly and proportionately.
We have put in place precautionary measures to assure our continued business operations, and the safety of our clients and colleagues.
Business continuity planning
Business continuity planning is an important part of any business and ensures that our team and assets are protected and able to function quickly in the event of a disaster, such as a fire, cyber-attack or pandemic.
Since the beginning of February, we’ve been carefully reviewing our continuity plans with the coronavirus outbreak in mind, ready to initiate these plans as necessary. These include the following measures:
- EQ staff can work remotely if required with secure and encrypted connections.
- Phone lines can be diverted, so we are still easily contactable.
- Your investments are held with third-party custodians. We have received confirmation of the ability of these custodians to continue operating.
Measures to protect clients and employees
We have been following the advice of Public Health England  to ensure the well-being of our colleagues and clients. We have put several measures in place including:
- Asking colleagues that have visited an effected area or have been in contact with others that have, to work from home for a self-isolated period of 14 days.
- Any colleagues that are showing core symptoms of the virus will be asked to work from home for a self-isolated period of 14 days.
- Hand sanitisers are available throughout the office and we have reinforced the Public Health England hand-washing message.
- Scheduled in-person client meetings can be replaced with either conference calls or video conferences as required.
Our priority is health and safety, and we are hopeful that broader government responses will ultimately restrict the further spread of the virus.
We are prepared however to implement additional business measures to further protect our clients and staff, and if instructed by government, to engage in other practices to help prevent further contagion.
We will keep you updated as the situation develops. In the meantime, don’t hesitate to contact your usual EQ contact with any questions.