EQ Foundation supports the Big Give Christmas Challenge 2017
The EQ Foundation, the charitable arm of EQ Investors, will once again be supporting the Big Give Christmas Challenge as a ‘Charity Champion’.
The UK’s biggest online match funding campaign begins on November 28th at midday and concludes at the same time on December 5th.
The Big Give Christmas Challenge doubles donations made by members of the public with funding pledged by its ‘Charity Champions’, being individuals or organisations pledging money in support of their chosen charities during the week of the campaign. Match funding is released at a fixed time every day, and public donations are doubled by Champions until that day’s funds are exhausted.
The five charities supported by the EQ Foundation this year are:
- The Forward Trust – provides ex-offenders with the intensive support and aftercare needed to recover from substance misuse and develop the skills, confidence and aspirations to build a positive, sustainable, crime-free future and move forward with their lives.
- Olmec – offers business coaching and mentoring to Black and Minority led Social enterprises to help them begin trading and prepare them for growth.
- Justlife Foundation – improves the lives for homeless households in Unsupported Temporary Accommodation (UTA) – a form of insecure housing.
- The Opera Global Youth Foundation – empowers disadvantaged young people to thrive not just survive by providing practical and financial support to young people entering the workplace.
- Watts Gallery Trust – the Big Issues Project reaches out to prisoners, young offenders, the homeless and those with poor mental health and addictions, to offer access to art, craft and design, personal transformation, the development of self-worth and new skills.
John Spiers, Chief Executive at EQ Investors, said: “The Big Give Christmas Challenge is a great match funding initiative which has already made a big difference for thousands of charities. We are proud to support them once again and the organisations who do such fantastic work.
“It’s a great way for us to identify good causes and ensure that our donations are leveraged by others.”
The EQ Foundation is a registered charity (No. 1161209) which supports programmes that improve social mobility and provide early intervention. Quality of leadership is paramount plus a high standard of governance via the board. The programmes must be able to demonstrate that they are achieving positive outcomes and that they deliver long lasting benefits.