EQ Investors releases its second impact report
London: 02 October 2018 – EQ Investors (EQ), the award-winning boutique wealth manager, has released its second annual impact investing report. The report shows how its Positive Impact Portfolios achieve long-lasting social and environmental benefits, alongside an attractive financial return.
The report provides evidence to support the hypothesis that investing in companies making a positive impact can be good for returns:
- Whether you look at revenues, profits, or employees, companies held by the EQ Positive Impact Portfolios are growing significantly faster than those in the FTSE 100 Index;
- Over the last five years, companies in the EQ Positive Impact Portfolios have on average grown their revenues by 60.4% (annualised at 9.9% per year) compared to 10.3% for companies in the FTSE 100 Index (annualised at 2.0% per year).
For the first time, EQ reports on 12 measures of absolute impact which quantify the social and environmental impacts for each pound invested in the portfolios. Investors can see the impact of their own investment using EQ’s online impact calculator.
Over the last year, £1m invested in the portfolios has:
- Generated 168 MWh of renewable energy, equivalent to the electricity used by 42 UK households;
- Cleaned 3.5m litres of waste water, equivalent to the water used by 26 UK households;
- Recycled 45 tonnes of waste material, equivalent to the waste provided by 45 UK households;
- Made 439 medical interventions; and
- Delivered 338 hours of school or university level education.
The report also details how the EQ Positive Impact Portfolios align with the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and provides case studies of innovative companies responding to these global challenges.
Damien Lardoux, manager of the EQ Positive Impact Portfolios at EQ said, “We are excited to publish our latest findings. Within the portfolios, we have seen record levels of growth over the last twelve months. Increasing number of investors are interested not only in making superior returns, but also understanding the impact of their investments.”
The report is available to view now at https://eqinvestors.co.uk/library/impact-report-2018/
– ENDS –
Ben Faulkner EQ Investors
020 7488 7182 firstname.lastname@example.org