EQ Investors (EQ), has become a signatory of the UN-supported Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI). The PRI is recognised as the leading global network of investors working together to put responsible investment into practice.
The six principles, aim to provide a framework for integrating environmental, social and governance (ESG) considerations into investment decision-making:
- Principle 1: incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- Principle 2: be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- Principle 3: seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- Principle 4: promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- Principle 5: work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- Principle 6: report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
Damien Lardoux, EQ’s Head of Impact Investing, said: “The PRI initiative reached 2,232 signatories in 2018, a 21% increase on the previous calendar year. This reflects the growing desire among many investors to embed sustainability into their investment decision-making process, and we are proud to be a part of this movement.
“We also welcome the recent implementation of minimum requirements for membership, to strengthen accountability and recognise best practice.”
“EQ Investors’ longstanding commitment to sustainability makes them an ideal fit for the PRI,” said CEO Fiona Reynolds, “and we hope that other wealth managers will heed their example and look at the long-term benefits of ESG considerations in the investment process.”
The EQ Positive Impact Portfolios, launched in 2012 are a unique proposition for investors who care about how and where their money is invested. The portfolios invest in funds which can show that they are supporting companies taking steps to achieve a social or environmental impact as well as a financial return.