EQ recently received its 2020 assessment results from the UN-backed Principles for Responsible Investment  (PRI). The PRI granted EQ an A rating, for strategy & governance and listed equity. This score is an independent recognition of EQ’s approach to sustainability investing and its Environment, Social and Governance (ESG ) integrated investment process.
Each year, signatories  must submit a transparency report on their investment processes. This is made publicly available and assessed by the PRI. Processes in a range of different categories are graded in a formal report which is sent back to managers in July. The assessment does not rate signatories purely at a corporate level.
The UN PRI principles
The six principles, aim to provide a framework for integrating environmental, social and governance (ESG) considerations into investment decision-making:
- We will incorporate environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues into our investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
About the PRI Initiative
The United Nations-supported PRI initiative is an international network of investors working together to put the six Principles for Responsible Investment into practice . Its goal is to understand the implications of sustainability for investors and support signatories in incorporating these issues into their investment decision-making and ownership practices. In implementing the principles, signatories contribute to the development of a more sustainable global financial system.