Jobs at EQ
We're hiring. Please see our available positions below:
1. Senior Paraplanner
3. Junior Administrator
4. Graduate Internship
1. Senior Paraplanner
Fancy a new challenge working in a busy paraplanning team? Looking to use the obscure technical knowledge that you have acquired over the last few years? We are looking for an experienced, Chartered (or equivalent) Paraplanner to work with us.
You will be working on the most technically demanding aspects of our business. From Defined Benefit transfers to Inheritance Tax planning. From Cashflow modelling to Retirement planning. Working closely with our Head of Technical, Dan Atkinson, you will be writing reports that engage with our clients and answer their questions.
As a Chartered Financial Planner, your technical knowledge will be of the highest standard and you will be passionate about developing yourself and others. This will help you answer a very wide range of questions from our team of 13 advisers. As a part of the team, you will be a sounding board offering ideas and opinions about our clients’ financial planning. You will need to be confident in your ability and have a ‘solution’ mindset.
EQ Investors is a growing business and you will be expected to contribute to the content that we produce. This will involve writing blogs, articles and preparing resources for the web, trade press and national newspapers. You will need to be skilled at making the complex simple and bringing to life financial planning. You will, therefore, have excellent written communication skills.
What can you expect from EQ?
Aside from the great views and an in-office beach, EQ is passionate about excellence. You will already be passionate about technical development and we will provide you with continued support to do this. We want to help you to develop as a rounded individual and will provide you with the support/accountability structures do this.
As one of the UK’s first B-Corps, we believe that business should be a force for good. In addition to working hard for our clients, we seek to use our resources to help solve social and environmental problems. We create opportunities for you to engage with projects and will give you 2 days a year ‘volunteering leave’. You are encouraged to support charities that you care about and operate a matched giving scheme for fundraising.
You will be part of our company-wide bonus scheme with the potential to receive payments twice a year based on performance. We offer a competitive basic salary and seek to award a large proportion of this as a bonus. In addition, we offer membership of our pension scheme and will cover the cost of your professional membership on a case by case basis.
Experience & Qualifications
- Chartered Financial Planner
- Understand the financial planning process.
- Able to calculate a client’s Income Tax position and potential IHT liability.
- Able to understand and interpret a TVAS report. Including articulating the weaknesses.
- Understand how trusts are taxed and where different trusts would be appropriate.
- Highly proficient in both MS Word and MS Excel.
- Comfortable using FE and Selectapension (or equivalents).
- Clear communicator and excellent written English.
- Able to handle conflict fairly and with authority.
- Able to prioritise and communicate changes in situation.
- Able to work independently.
- Happy to accept challenge.
- Have a ‘solution’ mindset rather than just seeing problems.
- Understand that we are a business and looking to make a profit.
Basic salary of £45,000 plus discretionary bonus scheme and standard EQ corporate benefits.
- The role would be to join a mid-size team within the firm, working alongside other administrators providing high quality support to Financial Advisers.
Key tasks and accountabilities
- Prepare client files for review/new business cases
- Conduct research in preparation of financial planning reports
- Accurately input client information onto internal/external databases
- Obtain necessary quotations/illustrations
- Process new business ensuring that new business procedures have been followed and that all compliance matters have been dealt with
- Closely monitor progress of applications
- Deal with all underwriting requirements
- Respond to telephone queries relating to clients
- Any other administrative duties that you may be called upon to undertake
Skills and experience required
- Ability to work both on her/his own and closely with Financial Advisers
- Strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Prioritisation to meet specific deadlines
- Being proactive
- IT literate – Microsoft Office
3. Junior Administrator
Reporting to: Senior Administrator
We are advertising an entry level position for a Junior Administrator.
- The role will involve regular administrative duties such as gathering policy information for new clients, entering client specific data onto internal systems and the scanning of client files.
- You will be required to liaise with external Investment platforms in managing e.g. the transfer of client assets in addition to responding to customer requests that may result in the movement of cash into and out of client accounts.
- Other duties within the role include assisting financial planners in the preparation of review meetings with existing clients (via printing and binding supplementary reports and forms) and new client meetings.
- Submitting new and other types of business (e.g. withdrawals, tranches) to product providers.
- Producing client valuation reports and assisting in the co-ordination of files for external compliance review checking.
The successful candidate will be working alongside and mentored by two Senior Administrators, supporting two Chartered Financial Planners.
Skills & Experience
- Time Management
- Well Organised
- Willingness to learn
- Use of Microsoft Office
- Able to work under pressure
This a full time position based at our office near Monument in London with a salary range of £14,000 – £18,000.
4. Graduate Internship
Following the success of a placement run within the Investment Team last year, we are looking to offer further internship opportunities to upcoming/recent graduates.
Internships will be coordinated between the Research, Business Development and Management & Support areas of the business, and some of the key attributes we’re looking for in applicants include:
- 2:1 degree (predicted/obtained)
- Problem Solving Skills
- Highly Organised
Please see the following role profile for full details.
How to apply
To apply for any of these roles, please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org