Jobs at EQ
We’re hiring. Please see our available positions below:
1. Client Adviser
2. Administrator (2 roles)
3. Graduate Internship
1. Client Adviser
We seek an experienced financial planner to join our client-facing team, who is committed to delivering the highest level of service to all clients. The role will require an individual who is at ease dealing with High Net Worth clients and we would expect the candidate to have built up an existing, transferable client bank as evidence of their strong relationship focus. Team working is essential as we pride ourselves on providing a high quality service to clients through a team approach. You will work with the paraplanning team, investment team and administration team to deliver a co-ordinated and consistent service.
You will be expected to show initiative and contribute to the success of the team to achieve demanding business targets and you will take pride from being part of the best service in the market.
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in wealth management or a closely associated field.
- CF30 approved person for at least three years.
- Level 4 (or above) qualified.
- Preferably with Degree (2.1 or higher) or professional qualification.
- Extensive networking experience.
- Track record of delivering potentially complex financial planning advice to HNW clients.
- Good understanding of investments and ability to present investment information to clients in a clear and concise manner adapting the approach to suit the audience.
- Evidence of ability to build and maintain client relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Self-starter equally at ease generating own leads, obtaining client/introducer referrals or new clients from our lead generation sources.
This will depend on experience and ability but will consist of a competitive salary, bonus based on performance and long term equity scheme.
2. Administrator (two roles)
We are currently recruiting for two Administrator positions. Excellent attention to detail, and an ability to work unsupervised and to tight deadlines are essential for both vacancies. Strong administrative skills, excellent written and verbal communications and (ideally) financial planning qualifications are also required.
- This position involves working directly for two Financial Advisers providing them with high quality administrative support
- 5+ years IFA industry experience
- Experience with Protection & Trust cases
- The role would be to join a mid-size team within the wider firm, working alongside 3 other administrators (2 Senior Administrators, 1 Support Administrator) providing high quality support to 4 Financial Advisers.
- 3+ years IFA industry experience
- 2-3 years’ experience of using Investment Platforms
Key tasks and accountabilities
- Prepare client files for review/new business cases
- Conduct research in preparation of financial planning reports
- Accurately input all client information onto internal/external databases
- Obtain necessary quotations/illustrations
- Process new business ensuring that new business procedures have been followed and that all compliance matters have been dealt with
- Closely monitor progress of applications
- Deal with all underwriting requirements
- Respond to telephone queries relating to clients
- Any other administrative duties that you may be called upon to undertake
Skills and experience required
- Ability to work both on her/his own and closely with Financial Advisers
- Strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Good attention to detail
- Prioritisation to meet specific deadlines
- Being proactive
- Up to date life, pensions, investments, generic product and taxation knowledge.
- IT literate – Microsoft Office
- Ideally Full Diploma or part Diploma qualified
3. Graduate Internship
Following the success of a placement run within the Investment Team last year, we are looking to offer further internship opportunities to upcoming/recent graduates.
Internships will be coordinated between the Research, Business Development and Management & Support areas of the business, and some of the key attributes we’re looking for in applicants include:
- 2:1 degree (predicted/obtained)
- Problem Solving Skills
- Highly Organised
Please see the following role profile for full details.
How to apply
To apply for any of these roles, please send a copy of your CV with a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org