1st Line IT Support Analyst
Great opportunity to join the Technology team at a leading boutique wealth manager
EQ Investors is an award-winning team of chartered financial planners and investment managers dedicated to providing exceptional financial service solutions to our clients.
We are also a Certified B Corporation (having been one of the founding B Corporations in the UK). This is an internationally recognised standard for companies that believe in business as a force for good. Making a positive contribution to the wider community is a core part of our business philosophy.
In this dynamic role within our Support function, you are the first face of assistance for our users, creating that essential first impression. You’ll provide top-tier remote and on-site support to EQ users and clients, prioritising and liaising with your team to swiftly address reported issues. EQ offers flexible hybrid working to all its staff. Therefore, you’ll be expected to perform your role from our London office a minimum of 3 days per week.
- Answering incoming calls, email, or in-person requests as the initial point of contact for our colleagues and clients
- Skilfully identifying which tickets require the expertise of your colleagues on the support team
- Delivering exceptional software and hardware support through various channels (e.g. Desktops, Laptops, Windows Applications, MFD’s and Telephony)
- Diagnosing and swiftly resolving reported issues, ensuring client satisfaction
- Following our established standards and processes, ensuring the highest level of service
- Documenting practices and standards to maintain our exceptional service quality
- Support and deploy desktop and laptop operating system builds and core applications including maintaining security patch levels
- Delivering support for meeting room AV and room booking systems
Qualities you’ll need to be successful in this role
- Be Proactive: Take initiative, own customer issues, and grow within our organization.
- A Team Player: Embrace our supportive work environment and respect established processes.
- Client-focused: Empathise with our users and clients and prioritise their needs and experiences.
- Have Integrity: Uphold honesty, transparency, and courage in all interactions.
Skills & Experience
- Customer service experience
- Proven experience in a similar role providing IT support and troubleshooting.
- Independent work ability and a willingness to adapt to changing workloads
- Effective time management and ability to prioritise under pressure
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft 365 proficiency
- Passion for technology and staying updated with advancements
- ITIL foundation level certification or CompTIA A+ certification
- Knowledge or experience working with FileMaker
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer science based subject
As you acquire valuable skills and experience, your journey may lead to a 2nd Line Analyst position or potential technical/project-based roles within the IT team. Embrace the possibilities!
Salary & Benefits
The role is a full-time position based at our office near Monument in London with a salary of £30K + discretionary bonus. Other benefits include:
- 23 days annual leave (rising by 1 day each year to max 25 days)
- Auto enrolled into the company pension scheme after 3 months employment – matched employer contributions up to 6% of salary
- GLA (4 x Salary) & GIP (75% of Salary)
- Company Share Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Flexible/Hybrid Working Policy
- Private Medical Insurance (BUPA)