We are looking for an experienced administrator to join our financial planning team.
- Responsible for the daily administration activities of individual private clients within the business.
- Assist in the development of a complex, high value client base, providing support to other administrators, technical consultants (paraplanners) & consultants (financial planners).
- To deliver exceptional operational service to clients whilst maintaining sound risk management and compliance practices
What will I do?
Your duties will include:
- Regular administrative duties such as gathering policy information for new clients, entering client specific data onto internal systems and the scanning of client files.
- You will be required to liaise with external investment platforms in managing client assets e.g. the transfer of client assets in addition to responding to customer requests that may result in the movement of cash into and out of client.
- Other duties within the role include assisting consultants in the preparation of reviews and new clients proposals.
- Submitting new and other types of business (e.g. withdrawals, tranches) to product providers.
- Producing client valuation reports and assisting in the co-ordination of files for external compliance review checking.
- Producing client valuation reports and assisting in the co-ordination of files for external compliance review
New business processing
Provision of advisory services to EQ’s existing and new private clients, in the following areas:
- Prepare client files for review/new business cases.
- Conduct research in preparation of financial planning reports.
- Accurately input all client information onto databases.
- Obtain necessary quotations/illustrations.
- Process new business ensuring that new business procedures have been followed and that all compliance matters have been dealt with.
- Closely monitor progress of applications.
- Deal with all underwriting requirements.
- Monitor/chase payments on new business.
- Deal with incoming post to ensure that action is taken and responses issued without delay.
- Respond to telephone queries relating to clients.
- Any other administrative duties that you may be called upon to undertake.
Risk and change management
Adhere to risk management procedures and controls across the business including:
- Full engagement with compliance to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Adhere to EQ Investors’ risk governance procedures.
Internal stakeholders will be:
- Technical consultants
- Other administrators
External clients will include:
- Private clients & prospects
Skills and experience
- Able to work on your own and within a team environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Prioritisation to meet specific deadlines.
- Flexible working approach.
- Able to multi-task and problem solve.
- Ability to meet task deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- 2+ years experience of working within a financial planning / wealth management firm.
- Working knowledge of protection, trust, pensions and investments legislation.
What do we offer?
You will be well-rewarded for your work at EQ. As well as a competitive salary (£26K- £30K), you will also get 20+ days’ holiday, a pension and discretionary performance related bonus. After twelve months you will also have the option to join the employee share scheme.