We are looking for a candidate to join our IT team and help produce beautiful and intuitive interfaces for both internal and external clients.
The role requires a practical approach, personable skills, the ability to work within a team, an ability to iterate and adapt to changing requirements, and a desire to understand the wealth management industry.
What will I do?
Work within a small scrum team on agile projects to help build and maintain systems for use by both EQ staff and clients. Act as a subject-matter expert for front-end design, technology selection and implementation best practices.
The day-to-day duties include the following:
- Attending daily stand ups and reporting on progress
- Being involved in design sessions with the team
- Primary technical resource for front-end development and support including bug fixing and maintenance
- Manage the infrastructure required to support any front-end components
- Work with marketing team to ensure our website(s) are well presented and analytics are being gathered
- Ad-hoc support/debugging for team members
This role is supporting a growing wealth management business and so the successful candidate will need to be flexible and pragmatic in their approach.
You will gain hands on experience working with investment managers, financial advisers, research analysts, paraplanners and administrators and will in time, need to understand their requirements and how the world of wealth management works.
Strong mathematical and technical skills are required for the role and so A-Level or equivalent qualifications in a maths or science discipline are needed and a degree is desirable.
Skills and experience
We require someone with experience in building front-end systems, including knowledge of:
- Front-end frameworks: Angular JS, WordPress
- Server technology: PHP, Node JS
- Design/HCI including responsive and mobile first
- Misc: RESTful web services in both JSON and XML, database knowledge including No-SQL (MongoDB) and RDBMS (MySQL), source control (Mercurial/Git)
A portfolio or examples of your work would be a great way of showing us your capability.
What do we offer?
You will be well-rewarded for your work at EQ. As well as your competitive salary, starting at £35,000, you will also get a minimum of 20 days’ holiday, a pension and discretionary performance related bonus. After twelve months you will also have the option to join the employee share scheme.