Senior Investment Analyst
You will work alongside members of the investment team, including Portfolio Managers, to conduct third party fund research. Our preference is for a fixed income specialist, though we will consider candidates with broader experience.
You will be a key member of the team and will be expected to act quickly with a high degree of autonomy; conducting independent research to determine potential new trade and fund ideas which will be included within EQ’s Best Ideas, Positive Impact and Low Cost mandates.
You will work closely with investment managers, to collaborate on portfolio ideas and with the Chief Investment Strategist in developing investment strategy. You also be expected to collaborate with, guide and mentor other analysts on the team.
- Undertaking independent quantitative and qualitative research, including both desk research and fund manager meetings with our preference being a focus on fixed income funds
- Provide analysis and due diligence reports to Portfolio Managers, presenting the conclusions to the Fund Selection Committee.
- Regularly reviewing the performance of funds & formally updating recommendations, including conducting update meetings with fund managers.
- Engaging with portfolio managers on a proactive basis to discuss potential new ideas and portfolio changes needed.
- At least five years’ experience conducting fund research, including Fixed Income funds
- CFA Charterholder preferable
- An interest in Impact and Sustainable investing
- Strong team player
- Challenging convention
- Working to tight deadlines
- Writing, presentation skills
- Good initiative / project management. Happy to drive your own workload.
- Required experience with the following: Morningstar, Excel (Advanced), Bloomberg, Microsoft Office.
What do we offer:
You will be well-rewarded for your work at EQ. As well as your competitive salary, from £60,000 (dependent on experience), you will also get a minimum of 20 days’ holiday, a pension and discretionary performance related bonus. After twelve months you will also have the option to join the employee share scheme.