Sustainability Analyst – Internship
We are looking to offer a 3-month internship opportunity to an upcoming/recent graduate.
The internship is based within an established investment team with a keen and growing focus on sustainable investing. The successful candidate will work alongside fund investment analysts, data analysts and portfolio managers to help meet the sustainability objectives of EQ’s investment strategies. The role will report to EQ’s Senior Sustainability Specialist.
We are looking for an individual with an interest in sustainability, and a passion for applying their unique skillset to creating change within the financial services industry.
With essential interactions with a multitude of third parties (Fund managers, industry bodies) as well as internally, the role will suit an individual who has attention to detail, a good self-motivated work ethic & strong communication skills.
Your responsibilities will include:
- 2022 PIP Impact Report
- Play a key role in the production of EQ Investors ‘award winning’ Annual PIP Impact report.
- Contribute to the design and innovation of the 2022 Impact Report.
- Lead the collation of impact data for publication within the 2022 Impact Report.
- There is also scope for you to contribute to the team’s engagement efforts, driving improvements in themes including biodiversity, supply chains and best-practice.
- Engage with all relevant fund managers of EQ’s portfolios via email/meetings.
- Track progress via milestone framework, as the business looks to drive change in fund managers and the underlying companies EQ invests in.
- You will also be supporting the Impact Investment team with ad hoc tasks (e.g the production of written and verbal marketing content) and get a great insight to how portfolios are managed.
What you’ll need to be successful in this role
- A relevant undergraduate (and preferably postgraduate) degree in relation to sustainable business, environmental sustainability and/or global development.
- Good Microsoft Excel skills, numerate with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication and relationship management skills.
- Be driven and have a self-starter mentality.
- Feel passionate about the role of sustainability in business and investments.
- A basic understanding of the finance industry is a benefit.
Three months approx.
You will be paid at the London Living Wage for the three months of your internship. You will gain valuable insight to the fast evolving space of sustainable investment, and the working environment of a B-Corp.
Following a successful internship, there is the potential opportunity of a full-time position as a Sustainability Analyst.
Application time frame
We welcome applications ASAP for an immediate start to the project
How to apply
If you would like to apply, please email email@example.com with a copy of your CV and a cover letter.