We are looking for a sustainability analyst with an exceptional eye for detail.
This is a rare opportunity to join an established investment team with a keen and growing focus on sustainable investing. The successful candidate will work alongside the fund investment analysts, data analysts and portfolio managers to help meet the sustainability objectives of EQ’s investment strategies. The role will report to EQ’s Senior Sustainability Specialist.
We are looking for an individual with a background in sustainability, and a passion for applying their unique skill set to creating change within the financial services industry.
With essential interactions with a multitude of third parties (Fund managers, industry bodies, clients) as well as internally, the role will suit an individual who has attention to detail, a good self-motivated work ethic and strong communication skills.
How you’ll add value
- Monitor the EQ portfolios against their sustainability objectives.
- Work with UN Sustainable Development Goal and carbon footprint datasets; Maintain and update internal databases and oversee data use in reporting.
- Lead the impact measurement and related data collection.
- Produce sustainability insight and research across a number of themes; Support investment analysts in fund research.
- Produce written and verbal marketing content; Reporting on sustainability characteristics of portfolios, sustainability news and investment opportunities.
- Support ongoing client relationship management; Dealing with queries in relation to sustainability characteristics of portfolios.
What you’ll need to be successful in this role
- A relevant undergraduate (and preferably postgraduate) degree in relation to sustainable business, environmental sustainability and/or global development.
- Strong communication and relationship management skills.
- Good Microsoft Excel skills, numerate with a strong attention to detail.
- Be driven and have a self-starter mentality.
- Feel passionate about the role of sustainability in business and investments.
- A basic understanding of the finance industry is a benefit.
Salary & benefits
The role is a full-time position based at our offices near Monument in London with a salary of c£25K + discretionary bonus. Other benefits include:
- 25 days annual leave.
- Auto enrolled into the company pension scheme after 3 months employment (up to 6% matched contributions).
- GLA (4 x Salary) & GIP (75% of Salary).
- Opportunity to join company SIP share scheme and electric vehicle car scheme after a year’s employment.
- Flexible & remote working policy in operation.
- Cycle to work scheme – soon to be introduced.