Technical Consultant (Paraplanner)
We are looking for an experienced Paraplanner to join our financial planning team.
- Responsible for the day-to-day paraplanning analysis and problem solving activities of the business, including the provision of suitability reports and client portfolio reviews as required to deliver robust performance that aligns with our chosen business strategy.
- You will have an in-depth understanding of financial planning and the investment arena and keep up to date with all relevant product, legislative or technical changes pertinent to the role.
- To deliver exceptional analysis of services available to clients whilst maintaining sound risk management and compliance practices.
- Deliver confident customer service to clients and consultants, handling day to day queries relating to new and existing business.
- To establish close working relationships with all areas of your internal team area (e.g with Team Head, other Consultants, Administration and other Technical Consultants in the business).
- Be a strong team player who continuously improves their skills, experience and qualifications.
Skills & professional qualifications
- At least 24 months’ experience within a dedicated paraplanning role.
- Effective listening and communicating skills.
- Relevant experience of working within a Financial Planning environment (consultancy, IFA, Insurance company etc).
- Workload prioritisation, business, risk management and compliance training, health & safety (ergonomics/ managing general wellbeing) and working with others.
- Clear communicator and excellent written English.
- Able to handle conflict fairly and with authority.
- Able to prioritise and communicate changes in situation.
- Able to work independently.
- Happy to accept challenge.
- Have a ‘solution’ mindset rather than just seeing problems.
- Understand that we are a business and looking to make a profit as well as serve our clients diligently.
- Ability to present and write technical papers on all matters relevant to their area of expertise and responsibilities.
- Ability to write clearly and simply using language that clients would understand avoiding jargon.
- Experience of FE Analytics, Selectapension, Defaqto and Voyant.
- Strong product knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Confident using Excel to undertake calculations, analysis and produce relevant charts
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage a challenging workload with competing demands
Education & Qualifications
- Level 4 Diploma qualified (CII or CISI) and working towards obtaining Chartered Financial Planning qualifications
- Prepare robust suitability letters for all areas of financial planning.
- Adhere to compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Client portfolio reviews including investment analysis.
- Maintain all records (electronic and paper) in line with EQ’s procedures.
- Liaise with Administration to ensure smooth processing of new business.
- Attend client/product provider meetings, where appropriate.
Risk and change management:
Adhere to risk management procedures and controls across the business including:
- Maintain training and competency
- Full engagement with compliance ensuring adherence to regulatory/governance requirements
- Manage reputational risk and in particular ensure adherence to EQ procedures covering ongoing Know Your Customer and Money Laundering responsibilities.
- Embrace Change Management and Project activities across business functions
Key clients (internal and external)
Internal clients will be:
- Senior Technical Consultant
- Head of Technical Consulting
- Working Team (Team Head, Consultants, Administration)
External clients will include:
- Private Clients & Prospects
What do we offer?
You will be well-rewarded for your work at EQ. As well as a competitive salary (£35K- £40K), you will also get 20+ days’ holiday, a pension and discretionary performance related bonus. After twelve months you will also have the option to join the employee share scheme.