The EQ Foundation is a registered charitable institution that receives funding from EQ Investors and other related parties. It has donated over £800,000 to a wide range of charitable and non-profit institutions.
Transform the way you give
We want to help individual donors make better decisions about their giving. In our experience, most people give money reactively, in response to an ask’ and never really feel comfortable with their decision. So we’ve looked at some of the principles that work when selecting investments to provide a basis for making better selections. One way to fasttrack the search process is to look at charities that have passed the selection criteria set by top grant makers like the Big Lottery, Comic Relief and Esmee Fairbairn. We’ve gathered data from the UK Charities Commission covering all registered charities and 360 Giving for details of major donations (usually £10,000 or more) to allow you to see who is being supported and by whom. You can tailor your search based on the number of different donors they have attracted and by their size.
Download the guideFinding good charities is really difficult. Our free guide explains some pitfalls and guidelines to get started:
- Engage your brain, as well as your heart
- Stop worrying about overheads
- Look at who else is supporting
- Early intervention pays dividends
- Look for Matched Giving opportunities
- Donations go further in the developing world
- High profile disaster appeals rarely offer the best value
- Where’s the evidence about impact?