EQ Guide: Know your options at retirement
Are you on track for retirement? The purpose of this guide is to help you think through some of the options you need to consider as you think about this transition and find the best way to fund the retirement you want.
This guide covers each of the points below that make up our handy pre-retirement checklist:
- Make a list of things you want to do in retirement and how much they cost.
- Work out how your regular spending might change, including new categories of spending.
- Get a State Pension forecast
- Legal paperwork: review your pension beneficiaries, update your will, and put a Lasting Power of Attorney in place.
- Take advice from a financial planner: put together a plan for using your wealth to fund your lifestyle.
- Plan to review your progress regularly; small changes early on are easier than larger ones later.