The changes made to UK pensions in 2015 mean that we all have more choices available on how to fund our lifestyle in retirement. It has never been more important to understand your options and put a plan in place.
We spend our working lives building towards retirement. The choices we make today can have a big impact on the quality of our lives later on.
Your retirement checklist
This guide covers each of the points below that make up our handy pre-retirement checklist:
- Make a list of things you want to do in retirement and how much they cost.
- Work out how your regular spending might change, including new categories of spending.
- Get a State Pension forecast
- Legal paperwork: review your pension beneficiaries, update your will, and put a Lasting Power of Attorney in place.
- Take advice from a financial planner: put together a plan for using your wealth to fund your lifestyle.
- Plan to review your progress regularly; small changes early on are easier than larger ones later.