What’s new in this year’s report:
- How companies in the Positive Impact Portfolios are helping to fight the coronavirus today and set the stage for a green economic recovery.
- An in-depth focus on climate change, using scenario analysis to show how investments are aligned to the Paris Agreement.
- Details on how EQ has enhanced its engagement efforts to maximise its impact.
Key impact highlights saw an increase in the impact made per £1m invested, including:
- 352 tonnes of CO2 avoided: equivalent to taking 77 cars off the road
- 25 tonnes of waste recycled: equivalent to 26 households’ waste
- 202MWH of renewable energy generated: equivalent to 61 homes’ usage
- 178m litres of clean water provided: equivalent to 1,404 households usage
- 402 hours of school, higher and adult education delivered.
The coronavirus pandemic has reset the global economy and public opinion has shifted. There is now much wider acceptance that we need to invest in solution providers now, in order to create a future world for the benefit of all.
Damien Lardoux, Head of Impact Investing